PDA

View Full Version : 2014 1st Batch

DonMcJr
04-02-2014, 09:10 PM
First Boil was this Past Saturday and this is what I have from my 1st batch... 122 Ounces-Almost a Gallon!

Run Forest Run!
04-02-2014, 09:31 PM
Gorgeous looking syrup Don. Hopefully it will be the first of many more batches.

bigschuss
04-03-2014, 06:21 AM
First Boil was this Past Saturday and this is what I have from my 1st batch... 122 Ounces-Almost a Gallon!

Great job Don. Got a question....what are you boiling on?

I have yet to boil. Still have a foot of snow, but the sap is finally starting to run this week here in the mountains of western, Mass.

Haven't seen you on the QDMA forum recently?

DonMcJr
04-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Thanks! Leader Half Pint... playing with it to try and draw off Syrup...I'm getting closer by lowering my sap level...

That Forum has quite a few ding dongs and I got fed up when someone said it look like my Dad was laughing at the 6 Point he got this year. I don't have time for places with jerks like that...

bigschuss
04-03-2014, 11:55 AM
Thanks! Leader Half Pint... playing with it to try and draw off Syrup...I'm getting closer by lowering my sap level...

That Forum has quite a few ding dongs and I got fed up when someone said it look like my Dad was laughing at the 6 Point he got this year. I don't have time for places with jerks like that...

I hear you. There are definitely some blow hards there.

I'm on a Mason 2x4...hoping to draw off for he first time this weekend.

John c
04-03-2014, 01:14 PM

People like that are definitely discouraging. Good job so far, Don.

TerryEspo
04-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Looks Great Don !!

It that steel caps on your bottles? They look real nice and a great label too.

Still waiting for a decent run to try out my new rig, its just killing me not being able to have my first new arch boil.

Maybe I need to buy some sap at $3.00 a gallon, see my post about that.

Keep posting the pics Don, love seeing all of them.

I wish all a spectacular overflowing run soon !!

Good luck.

Revi
04-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Nice to finally be getting some syrup! We have had a nice week here in Central Maine.