PDA

View Full Version : Done in Sterling

btflaw
04-02-2014, 09:40 AM
Finishing the last boil today. Not much sap flowed yesterday till today. Started to see some buds on the large sugar maples out in the sun along the field edge. With the expected rain and temps I began pulling taps today. Good luck everyone and I hope next year is better.

WESTMAPLES
04-02-2014, 10:33 AM
congrats on another season in the books. in my area things aren`t looking great for on of my sugarbushes (getting to warm), but im still pulling vac on it, and its still giving me plenty of clear sap to run with. ill go till its cloudy abit to finish of the season making commercial syrup for cooking. my other bush is up at little higher elevation and is still going strong with good thawing/ freezing cycles. good luck keep it pump`in till the buddy end

sugarin' in the hood
04-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Finishing the last boil today. Not much sap flowed yesterday till today. Started to see some buds on the large sugar maples out in the sun along the field edge. With the expected rain and temps I began pulling taps today. Good luck everyone and I hope next year is better.

We were in Sterling for a wedding this past weekend, nice area. We had our first boil yesterday, happy sappy!