PDA

View Full Version : Weapon of Choice for Tubing Terrorists?

Bruce L
03-31-2014, 08:29 PM
I was looking on the Gander website tonight, lots to choose from. I would like to get my teenage son a good pellet gun to wage war on the tubing terrorists that have challenged us to a war. I have a 22 caliber rifle, and a 243, both too large for the job, plus we are along a major highway. I want to make sure it has the power and accuracy to do the job right. How many fps should I be looking at, and can you get a good repeating model, or are they all pretty much single shot?

cur dog
03-31-2014, 08:33 PM
Gamo makes several models that are deadly on rodents. Most are single shot break open models. I personally would choose something .177 cal. 1000 - 1200 fps. They are nearly silent and deadly accurate.

wnybassman
03-31-2014, 08:36 PM
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s163/wnybassman/1022scoped_zpsdceadda3.jpg

adk1
03-31-2014, 08:37 PM
Yeah for sure. Get one of the gammo that u recharge on one pump that breaks open from the barrel. Put a nice scope on it, not one of the cheap versions that come with the pellet gun packages. They are junk. I would like to get one myself

maple flats
04-01-2014, 04:50 AM
wnybassman, that won't work, they'll see you coming.

Jerome
04-01-2014, 04:53 AM
I got my son a Ruger from this guy in Peterborough https://www.airgunsource.com/rifles he is excellent to deal with and take the time on the phone to help. Remember in Canada anything over 500 fps you need a valid PAL

Thad Blaisdell
04-01-2014, 05:23 AM
To complicated, go simple. Havahart traps are the only way to go. They work when you are not around. I use 4 of them almost all summer. a handful of peanuts with the shells on and come back in a few days. if there is a squirrel in the area he will now be in the trap. stick the 22 in the trap and one problem solved. You put out multiple traps and you can clean out a woods pretty fast.

Dill
04-01-2014, 06:41 AM
If you get a high powered pellet gun, make sure you get an airgun scope. The harmonics of the spring will destroy a regular rifle scope. Its impressive what some air guns will do, I have a friend who takes out skunks with his. I think its a 25 caliber.