PDA

View Full Version : Even Old Man Winter Should Soon Be Dying Of Old Age?

Bruce L
03-30-2014, 09:17 AM
Another 5 inches of white stuff on the ground here this morning, snow blowing around like it is February, and more coming down now. Read a billboard as I was driving by into town one day last week that seems quite appropriate "JUST WHICH CORNER IS SPRING AROUND"

Bentley Wood Maple
03-30-2014, 05:46 PM
Global warming my as. May '13 was pondering new evaporator or new Harley Davidson? 2nd guessed myself past 10 months but 8000 miles on my new Road King beats the crap out of a shiny new evaporator setting unused in my sugarhouse.

Burnt sap
03-30-2014, 06:11 PM
We have not seen the ground since the end of October here. So it is safe to say we would love to see old man winter pass away soon!

Clarkfield Farms
03-30-2014, 07:42 PM
...and then what?

I still remain convinced that in days of old, "she" was referred to as Mother-something-else-er, but in order to speak of such things in polite company they changed it to "Mother Nature." Yeah, that's it - NATURE.":mrgreen:

Poor old man Winter... how would YOU act being married to her for all time?!?!?!

Bucket Head
03-31-2014, 11:39 AM
"Depression growing worse everyday" was in another post over the weekend. I know the feeling. And that was before today's snow.

And having your sugaring equipment sitting idle is hard to take. We prepare and plan all year, so we can sit around for this?

Steve

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-31-2014, 03:36 PM
Funny haven't heard much about global warming the last couple of years. Guess they made enough money off of it. Remember 20 years ago earth was going to be burnt up by now and we would all be dead by now because of the hole in the ozone.

Clarkfield Farms
04-01-2014, 09:10 AM
And 40 years ago it was the dawn of The New Ice Age. Follow the money. It always comes down to that.