PDA

View Full Version : At last

Shawn
03-29-2014, 05:01 PM
Sun came out and stayed out until around three this afternoon and we were able to gather 175 gallons late this afternoon and able to fire up for the first time and get some boiling in. Thanks you mother nature. But hard rain, sleet and snow on the way but still it feels good to be out collecting and grandson by my side and others that sugar with us getting the sap out, 2% sap when checked also:)

optionguru
03-30-2014, 07:19 AM
Apparently mother nature is happy with you, up in Northern NH the sun had no interest in helping our plight. Going to tap more trees today, If I can't get my small amount of taps to do more than a slow drip I'll beat 'em with brute force mass tapping.

Drew Pond Maple
03-30-2014, 07:43 AM
The sun was out here for about 3 hours yesterday and ran like the dickens. Once the sun disappeared, went back to a trickle. The vacuum seemed to help though.
Managed to get 90 gal and going to boil today for the 2nd time this year. Last year I was finished on April 7
Bring on the SUN

PerryW
03-30-2014, 08:05 AM
Apparently mother nature is happy with you, up in Northern NH the sun had no interest in helping our plight. Going to tap more trees today, If I can't get my small amount of taps to do more than a slow drip I'll beat 'em with brute force mass tapping.

this thaw is just what we needed.my prediction is that next week at this time you will be much more optimistic.

handtapper
03-30-2014, 09:17 AM
Optionguru be careful because when it runs you might be overburdened. I found two people hauling sap to big places that are bringing it to me when I can manage it which this season I've taken it all, maybe look into that as a option