PDA

View Full Version : In Memorium.

TooManyIrons...
03-29-2014, 09:17 AM
A good friend of mine died of a heart attack yesterday afternoon while he was out in the woods collecting sap from his tapped trees. He died while doing something he loved to do out where he loved to be. Knowing that gives comfort to the people he left behind.

I post this not to elicit sympathy but to remind people that life is short, be sure to do the things you enjoy doing because one never knows when the show will be over.

Take care Dave.

Run Forest Run!
03-29-2014, 09:25 AM
Dave, I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your friend. Once the initial shock wears off, I know that it will give comfort to all that knew him that he was livin' the life and sugaring at the time. My condolences.

heus
03-29-2014, 09:51 AM
Prayers sent

Birddog
03-29-2014, 10:11 AM
Dave you are so right and condolences to you and his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce L
03-29-2014, 04:30 PM
Dave, condolences to you and his family, better to have passed while doing what he loved rather than sitting in a wheelchair or hospital bed waiting to pass

woodchuck
03-29-2014, 08:04 PM
My condolences and prayers to the family. If my times comes when Im in the woods thats fine with me.

TerryEspo
03-29-2014, 09:19 PM
Sorry for your loss. Sad story, but it gives me something to think about.

Hope time helps heal this wound.

Good luck.

SWEETER CREATIONS
03-29-2014, 09:20 PM
with deepest sympathy, sweeter creations gang

SilverLeaf
03-29-2014, 10:41 PM
Sending prayers & condolences your way!

BreezyHill
03-30-2014, 07:56 AM
Old tappers never die...they just move to a new bush.

RIP

Ausable
03-30-2014, 08:01 AM
Dave - A nice Post on a sad subject. But to pass away - doing something you really like - is a good way to enter the Other Side. ---Mike---

TooManyIrons...
04-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Thanks to all for the comforting replies.

I should clarify that HIS name was Dave - in my original post I was giving him an "E" Send-Off, so to speak. My apologies for the clumsy way I wrote, I left it open to easy misinterpretation. Was in a bit of a daze at the time.

His passing was an incredible shock. He was 65 years old. I am certainly not the one to determine what age is the "fair" age for passing, but I admit this seems "unfair" to me somehow. He simply loved life more than anyone I have ever known. He was planning retirement (but was putting it off), had a new baby granddaughter to dote over. Still cannot put this into proper perspective, but that will come with time.

Someone in his family finished off the batch of syrup he was working on at the time, his final run. I think that is pretty cool.

"...better to have passed while doing what he loved rather than sitting in a wheelchair or hospital bed waiting to pass" - Amen to that. In fact I find that to be a major comfort in the whole experience.

maplerookie
04-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Rest in peace Dave. Your presence on this earth will be surely missed by all that you touched and loved. I am sure that you made many lives a little bit sweeter by your actions and by your passion.