PDA

View Full Version : Guzzler Diaphrgm

Marc Duclos
03-28-2014, 11:58 AM
It is like clock work. When the diaphragm completes 200 thousand cycles the vacuum is diminished to 15"hg. I have a run on hear in Deerfield NH and for the cost of $ 20 .00 for a diaphragm is a no brainer.

I am on my fifth year and have doubled my production and then some. I am over with the gravity and bucket.9486

Marc Duclos
03-28-2014, 12:13 PM
This wear is on the inlet side. With the discharge side elevated above the inlet the vacuum is maintained during a single cycle.

adk1
03-28-2014, 12:47 PM
It is like clock work. When the diaphragm completes 200 thousand cycles the vacuum is diminished to 15"hg. I have a run on hear in Deerfield NH and for the cost of $ 20 .00 for a diaphragm is a no brainer.

I am on my fifth year and have doubled my production and then some. I am over with the gravity and bucket.9486

I hope to get that next year

donniet22
03-28-2014, 05:05 PM
About how many running hours does it take to get to the 200000 cycles?

Marc Duclos
03-28-2014, 05:23 PM
The engineer ho designed this thing told me none stop equals 2.3 days. Hence 24 hr.'s x 2.3 = 55.2 hr.'s.
I posted that I change the diaphragm every other day. This is what I meant.
TP tried and proven. I am going to run the guzzler right threw the night and all day Saturday. It is what it is I have ordered enough diaphragm's to do these kind of things

PACMAN
03-28-2014, 05:44 PM
I noticed your diaphrame is black,on my Guzzler its white. I ordered mine from Bosworth and the guy told me it was for maple use.They also sent me an extra one.Is there a diferance between the diaphrams?

Marc Duclos
03-28-2014, 05:57 PM
yaa the Wight one is for a hand pump used to push syrup into a filter press. It is used for sap too but call them and ask them how many cycles the Wight one will get you. I don't have all the answers' for these pumps. I call mine the little feller.

I have gone with this guzzler for practical purposes. # I to boil on the rig I have I need 250 gallons of sap just to light a fire under it. This I can achieve because I have the trees. The cost to tap one tree until I came to 575 is it. I have a slapped up shack and all my sap comes right to the shack buy a transfer pump. To have syrup for the table has gotten me to guzzle.

www.duclosmasonry.com

PACMAN
03-29-2014, 07:56 AM
I have the 501 guzzler.I got it to try and get a little more sap onthose days it wount run onits oun.Maybe after next year,I can get a real vacume system started and start hooking up the 8000 potential taps that I have.I just hope that It works as good as people say.

donniet22
03-29-2014, 03:47 PM
I have been running mine off and on all year, and for the last day and a half non stop, still pulling 19" with it, I will have to take the cover off and check it out. I have a spare, but just ordered two more, better safe than sorry. I will have to watch the vac to, make sure if it drops to get it changed.

Quabbin Hill Farms
04-01-2014, 06:49 AM
I have had a guzzler for two years now and the diaphrams are definately the weak link on these units. I had to change mine twice this year not a hard fix just always happensduring the best runs.

Marc Duclos
04-02-2014, 06:30 PM
You can say that aging.

Quabbin Hill Farms
04-03-2014, 04:28 PM
Just a word of warning when your changing the diaphrams make sure you get the screw that holds the diaphram to the clevis piece tight mine backed off the other day and when the pump stroked down the bolt punched a hole in the base of the pump. I patched it up with fiberglass and its holding for now. I have new base coming from the manufacturer.

Marc Duclos
04-03-2014, 07:01 PM
They come from the factory with lock tight glue. And torqued to 80 foot pounds. After taking off the factory screw it is any bodies guess how tight you can make it with a flat head screw driver. You have to know your nuts and bolts if your going to run a guzzler. The slot on the screw is for a specific size screw driver.

When taking a guzzler apart for any reason, it is important to under stand why the shaft has a lock nut.