PDA

View Full Version : Homeade arch and pans, AUF??

dirtnworm
03-28-2014, 06:18 AM
I am making a homeade arch with a drop flue pan 20"x48" and a syrup pan 20"x24". Just wondering what the best way to pipe in AUF, I see that some guys run through the ash door and other run blowers from the back. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated as well as pros and cons of both.

wiam
03-28-2014, 06:39 AM
I have run someone else's with blower in ash door. It is in the way and gets bumped with wood. I like mine underneath where it is out of the way

harrison6jd
03-28-2014, 07:17 AM
i built something similar to what you are talking about this year. i have a fan in the back and it works great. like wiam said, in the front it will get in the way. mine is just a 10" fan the kids use in the summer to keep cool at night. depending on the amount of wood in the box, my fan is not needed on high all the time. i put it on a dimmer and have adjustability. i am glad i put a fan on it though.

dirtnworm
03-28-2014, 07:45 AM
with the fan in the back. Should I pipe it in to blow towards the front? Or come in and 90 under the grate to blow up?

wiam
03-28-2014, 09:38 PM
Mine just blows straight in.

harrison6jd
03-28-2014, 10:07 PM
mine blows straight in under the grates. it is forced up through the grates because there is nowhere else for it to go. i do have a piece of angle iron welded under the door on the inside in such a way that flames cannot blow under the insulation on the door.

Russell Lampron
03-29-2014, 05:25 AM
Put it in the back out of the way. I run mine straight in as well. The blower that I have is larger than my evaporator needs so I damped down the air outlet so that I can fire the evaporator without turning it off.