PDA

View Full Version : Cement block arch

MapleSaint
03-26-2014, 08:17 PM
I was boiling on a barrel stove and I am only getting about 2 1/2 GPH. I have a pan that was made out of stainless for me that is 24" by 32". I wanted to build a block arch and see if this new pan will boil faster then the barrel stove. Does anyone have any input or pictures of there block arch? What size pans do you have and what is your GPH? Thanks

maplerookie
03-26-2014, 08:27 PM
build your arch to fit your pan season is getting upon us or for some almost over I use four tiers so you are not bending over so much. I don't have any pics but google concrete block arch images an you will get some ideas. also search block arch on this site you will get a lot of ideas

Swampmapleman
03-26-2014, 08:35 PM
I have a homemade boiler with a 18x36 steel pan and I get 6-7 gph for start to finish. It's carbon Steel thicker than 1/8 thick. With a blower underneath it really rips. I could only get 4-5 on natural Draft so yur not far off. I don't think a block setup will help. Edit yur barrel setup by slowing the heat going out the stack

CampHamp
03-26-2014, 08:48 PM
Here's what I did... Good luck!

bushmoose
03-26-2014, 10:48 PM
Does anyone have any input or pictures of there block arch? What size pans do you have and what is your GPH? Thanks

Do a search on this site or at the very least, type into Google "maple syrup block arch". Look at the images for ideas. Dozens of them? In this business, you're going to have to use your imagination sometimes?

MapleSaint
03-28-2014, 06:03 AM
I'm sorry I didn't make it clear on what I was doing. I have a barrel stove with a little Chaffer pan 12" by 18" maybe. And I have a bigger pan that was made for me that is 26 by 32. Just wondering if it is worth building a block arch to boil faster with the big pan.