PDA

View Full Version : Over 3.5 MILLION drips !!

TerryEspo
03-25-2014, 03:08 PM
Zero sap running here so more kooky thoughts !!

I wondered just how many drips it takes to make our wonderful syrup.

GOOGLE got me to a site, did some calculations, the answer was 3 633 600. I did have to multiply by 40 the actual number of drips in a gallon, but for our syrup we need to do that. I know we need to give room for adjustment. I did 40:1 for fun.

It could be a great sales pitch for those that sell syrup ....."Over 3 and a half Million drips to make that gallon" !!

That number gives me a new appreciation for our wonderful trees and just how much they give us !!

We can all run around the bush or sugar shacks shouting ...."I am a Millionaire" ...."I am a Millionaire", when our buckets are full, LMAO !!:lol:

K, time to get back to getting my family,s supper ready.

maplestudent
03-25-2014, 03:48 PM
LOL....definitely got some time on your hands there.

Jerome
03-25-2014, 08:44 PM
Hove a gotten into the boiling happy pops?

KevinS
03-25-2014, 09:44 PM
:) boiling pops or something...
But I got a nice chuckle out of it.

jmayerl
03-25-2014, 11:13 PM
I'm gonna have to put some thought into your numbers and get back to you. I only question it because being a medic I have 3 different drip turnings which produce different size droplets.

maplestudent
03-26-2014, 06:54 AM
well, the only way to know for sure how many drips make a gallon of sap is.....someone is going to have to stand there and watch and count. so, who is going to volunteer? *takes 2 steps backwards*

Clarkfield Farms
03-26-2014, 08:21 AM
Not all "drips" are liquid. :lol:

And, not all drips are the same size, nor do all "liquids" produce the same size drips; in fact, a "drip" of sap isn't likely to be the same size as a drip of the syrup that same sap makes.

And a "drip" isn't the smallest size of the liquid; I mean, look at the no-seeums, punkies, and blackflies that'll soon be molesting us: Not even the size of a comma on a printed page, not nearly even a fraction of a drip of liquid in them, but HOLY MOLEY! how their miniscule bite can swell a welt!

Yes... too much time on many hands.

Y'know, I long ago learned that if you have time to kill, the BEST way to kill it is:
WORK IT TO DEATH!!! :evil: