PDA

View Full Version : hang on to your buckets!

KevinS
03-25-2014, 12:55 PM
WOW I was just listening to the Rural satalite radio. 60 mile per hour winds and a foot of snow in the forecast for parts of the NE? hang on to your buckets gents! I am under the impression you normally do not get those kinds of winds like we do in the midwest. is this correct?

Clarkfield Farms
03-25-2014, 01:18 PM
We get wind. More in the hilly areas, but we get that wind. We also get tornadoes, and hurricanes, high taxes... yep, all the good stuff, too. :D Come and visit, it'll be an education.

KevinS
03-25-2014, 01:25 PM
ROFL.. yeah buddy! I know those issues well..
:)
Hey in all seriousness The N.E. is one direction I have not traveled much. I truly would like to visit your neck of the nation before I get much older.

Clarkfield Farms
03-25-2014, 02:55 PM
Well, come on over! We have a long list of sledding and snowshoeing activities planned for the Mother's Day weekend. Oughta still be plenty of snow and cold for it by then. If all goes well, we'll see about having follow-up snow fun scheduled for Memorial Day and Father's Day weekends. I'm ever so slightly suspicious that we'd be pushing it to plan one for the Independence Day festivities, but we may yet get some ice fishing in for that one as long as the wind chills aren't too severe. Keeping my fingers crossed!!! ...and dripping with sarcasm... ooohhhhh, yeah baby!! -- y'aint seen NOTHIN' yet 'til you've seen Fourth of July fireworks reflected off the lake ice!!! A sight you'll never forget. Along with missing appendages, lost to frostbite. Snow skeeters only suck blood from sheep all spring, summer and fall - yes, all 12 days - so that they have plenty of wool built up for hitting us all winter long. :P

Have I mentioned that I'm winter weary?!?!?! :D I need Aruba...