PDA

View Full Version : Tapped and boiled in Worthington

Ejsmass2
03-25-2014, 09:47 AM
We tapped 115 trees march 14th. That weekend we got 35 gallons of sap. We left the buckets up and had another 200 gallons by march 23. We boiled to sweeten the pans but did not go all the way to syrup. On the 21,22,and 23 we got periods of snow each day. We are at about 1450 feet of elevation and seem to skew about 2 to 4 degrees colder than the forecasted temps for Worthington daily. We will be at is this weekend again.......is there a better way to spend a weekend?

Maplesedge
03-25-2014, 03:10 PM
Wow, first post! Welcome to the forum. Welcome to mapling too, if this is your start. Sounds like you're jumping in big time. We could be going well into April this year, next week is looking better already, not too warm. Worthington is probably better than Framingham anyway. Hope you have fun.

WESTMAPLES
03-25-2014, 03:19 PM
go to here another person in my area tapping, im down in westfield ive had a few ok runs but the weather is looking better in the next few days. keep up the good work, its coming

sweetwater sugar shack
03-25-2014, 04:17 PM
Made 7 gallons so far here in blandford been slow but end of this week looks good hope to at least make as much as last year and I added 60 more taps

Ejsmass2
03-29-2014, 07:44 PM
So we got about 100 gallons out of 120 taps. This were not great. Wind and rain and clouds were constant. We boiled a lot but only expect about 3 gallons tomorrow out of our sweetened pan.

mcsap
04-04-2014, 12:09 PM
I am also in Worthington at about the same elevation, with many trees on NE slope, so still on the cool side. About half as many buckets (65 out now). Had some good runs this week for the first time, one day was almost 2 gallons per tap, and actually got the first boil going last night. Going home to light it up again and the rest of the weekend. Looks like this will be the only boiling I get to do this year, hope to make 5-7 gallons by Sunday night. Have fun!