PDA

View Full Version : Regal's Sugar House comes on line for 2014 NWPA

Sugarmaker
03-25-2014, 08:41 AM
Folks some pictures of Jim and Joann's beautiful sugarhouse. I had built the prototype for them and they improved on the design and have a very nice sugarhouse that that can be proud of. It was packed with family and friends while we were there. I will try to post some more pictures when I get up to speed on this system. Jim was making light syrup on the 2 x 6 Leader pleasure model. Friend Gary Gastemire is assisting Jim checking for density. Jim's brother Steve is in charge of firing the evaporator.
Regards,
Chris

Sugarmaker
03-25-2014, 08:44 AM
More shots:
Yes they even had triplets tour the sugarhouse!
A few more pictures to come in next posts too.
Regards,
Chris

Sugarmaker
03-25-2014, 08:49 AM
Additional pictures:
Syrup grade samples look very good for this first time sugarmaker team! Good shot of the rolling boil in this rig as they were getting all they could out of it. Jim and Joann in the last picture.
Regards,
Chris

maple flats
03-25-2014, 08:52 AM
Nice sugarhouse design. Looks well thought out, even the future workforce in training!

Sugarmaker
03-25-2014, 08:57 AM
Final shots:
Yea that's Jim and I in the last picture in front of his sugarhouse!
Check out that shot of the gradient. That's the way it's done! Second picture is Jim getting ready to draw some syrup.
(Mentioned the milk can to Jim and he is looking for a stainless item to replace that one. He is fully aware of its issues and minimizes the syrup dwell time.)
We had a great time Thanks Jim and Joann for being great hosts! For some reason, I felt right at home in there too!
Regards,
Chris