PDA

View Full Version : Great surprise for me !! Free "logs",,,,

TerryEspo
03-24-2014, 02:05 PM

Got a call from a friend yesterday. He told me to go to this place that once supplied cardboard tubes for a local papermill. These tubes are super tough, heavy and burn great. Not as good as a wood log, but not bad for free.

They have literally thousand to get rid of, free, free, free. A maple persons dream at this time of year. I plan to mix them with my hardwood.

I cut them to about a foot long, each tube is about 4-6 feet long. Smoke from chimney is minimal, very clean burning.

Anyone close to me wants some, its worth the drive, bring a trailer.

Now I need sap. LOL

Ittiz
03-24-2014, 03:33 PM
You sure those things don't have any nasty glues in them?

TerryEspo
03-24-2014, 06:46 PM
I am not sure what they are made with, if I had to guess there must be some type of product besides compressed cardboard. I have burned maybe 15 pieces in my garage wood stove and amazed at the clean burn they give, no black or white smoke from my outside pipe, kind of like when my wood is all red coals, no smoke exits the chimney.
They are not as good as wood pieces, no doubt, but free makes them great for me.
I see the downfall side is lots of ashes, like when you burn lots of newspaper. I look forward to burning them in my arch, my blower will deal with the ashes just fine, lol.

psparr
03-24-2014, 07:54 PM
Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!