PDA

View Full Version : Maine Maple Sunday

gmcooper
03-23-2014, 08:14 PM
How did every ones Maple Sunday go today?

We had a great turnout today despite the cool temps and wind that made it quite cold. Ended up selling everything we had ready and bottled all day as well.
Mark

Revi
03-23-2014, 08:22 PM
We had quite a few people come by and it was a great day!

West Sumner Sugar
03-24-2014, 05:30 AM
We did ok. A few less people than usual. Had enough sap to boil and make a few gallons. Took some orders for syrup for when we have more on hand.

Cider Hill Maple Farm
03-24-2014, 06:29 AM
A good turnout for us, a lot of new faces. With yesterday being the first time we fired up the evap. I was a little nervous how she was going to perform. I built a new arch this year and hadn't got a chance to do a test boil before the big day, to my very welcomed suprise, all went well. I think I'm going to have an open house in a couple of weekends just so people can see, what they wanted to see yesterday. For the little amount of sap that I had it was 3%, which made it a little easier to sweeten the pans, if I had another hundred gals. the auto-draw would have dumped.

Best to all.
Shawn

K.I. Joe
03-24-2014, 06:31 AM
No sap here, still waiting for the warm up

twitch
03-24-2014, 06:59 AM
Had a good day a good turn out even though it was cold and windy. Feed every one breakfast on a donation bases and got all the money back on the food. Sold all but three quarts of syrup and have orders for 15 more quarts . if it ever warms up a little had one degree here this mourning. We even had a visit from the governor didn't talk any politics which was good seems like a nice guy and he kept his foot out of his mouth lol .

tessiersfarm
03-24-2014, 12:12 PM
We had a great turn out, sold a lot of product, just not syrup, we haven't made any yet, took a few orders. Amazing the variety of people and fun day for all.