PDA

View Full Version : "Off Topic" Like interest?

ridgerunner394
03-23-2014, 08:09 AM
Well if I understand the rules of the forum this is the spot to explore others with like interests? My guess is most members are well rooted in outdoors activities apart from sugaring? I see many posts referencing a variety of land uses including photography, hunt camps, farming and so on.

I have always been at home in the outdoors, I love watching the land awaken in the early hours and bed down at dusk. Nothing better than sitting quietly and taking in the unique sounds and smells of the bush, appreciating the distinct differences from hardwoods to bottomlands. And yes I am an avid hunter as are my sons and hopefully my granddaughter!

with the coming of spring and sugaring one cannot help but also anticipate our pursuit of spring turkey! We are fortunate here in Ontario to have an excellent spring turkey hunt. One of my other interests is making wing bone turkey calls. These are the oldest known man made game calls deeply rooted in north American Native cultures - and perhaps the most difficult to master....still working on that side of the equation.

So, anyone else also have this interest or perhaps other related hobbies - decoys, painting, stone work?