PDA

View Full Version : Stainless steel spouts

Albert gravlin
03-22-2014, 07:59 AM
Has anyone used any stainless steel spouts on pipeline? Any pros or cons over polycarbonate?

SWEETER CREATIONS
03-22-2014, 08:04 AM
Call Lyle Merle in Attica I think he uses them .

Scribner's Mountain Maple
03-22-2014, 08:06 AM
Stainless spouts are a thing of the past. The only ones being sold are leftovers I would guess. I'd be very surprised if they are still being manufactured even.

Pros of Stainless, None
Pros of Poly - seasonal spouts - 1/10 the price, and will outperform SS in the long term. You can't completely clean the SS of Bacteria.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-23-2014, 07:13 AM
I bought about 25 of them and always had a problem getting a good seal with them. There is no give like a plastic spout and they didn't seal or split the bark bad. I tried them one year. Bought 10 of the $ 2+ plastic blue bucket spouts this year. Another piece of junk. They fall out if you look at them wrong, JUNK!

PerryFamily
03-23-2014, 07:54 AM
Agreed with everyone above. Go polycarbonate .

Westvirginia- I use lapierre seasonal spouts for buckets. Just used a step bit to make the hole bigger. Put a short piece of tubing on the spout and good to go.
Much cheaper too.

PARKER MAPLE
03-23-2014, 09:30 AM
Im going to the cdl nylon spout for next year. I find the poly spouts are to hard and the no barbs the drops push off when they freeze up. these new nylon spouts are more flexible its seams and they have a small barb so the drop wont come off. I hate chasing vac leaks.........
Just my 2 cents

spud
03-23-2014, 07:55 PM
Has anyone used any stainless steel spouts on pipeline? Any pros or cons over polycarbonate?

I have a friend of mine that was using 1000s of stainless spouts but they stopped due to leaking. What was happening was when the spout was cut off the drop at the end of the season the knife blade caused a slight scrap on the spout. The next year they noticed small leaks on many spouts that had scrap marks. I am still sold on the new CV2 spouts and think they are the best spout on the market.

Spud