PDA

View Full Version : question

Shawn
03-22-2014, 05:37 AM
We have about 70 gallons in holding tanks as it has not run much here, want to pump that out of the holding tanks outside into the sugar house holding tank and we will not have enough to boil yet, is it better to off load it into other holding tanks outside or in the sugar house I mean either way its going to stay cold and freeze up. Looks as if not much to happen until now until the end of this week.:o

VT_K9
03-22-2014, 09:43 PM
Over the last week I had to use 55 gal. drums because of a broken valve on our 275 gallon tote tank. I had 2 full drums and 2 1/2 drums frozen solid. I took the chance and put them in my basement to thaw...only took 2 days. I got to thinking that maybe I should have only filled the full ones half full so I could add fresh sap to help thaw what was frozen....maybe you have some containers you could partially fill to use fresh sap to help thaw what froze. Good luck.

Shawn
03-23-2014, 05:35 AM
we off loaded them yesterday did not have enough to boil and brought them into my garage that is cool and they will not freeze up solid and looks like the rest of the week is cold here until at least Friday. Good luck to you also what a winter its been and now snow on Wednesday again

Marc Duclos
03-23-2014, 07:03 AM
It dose come a time to boil what you got.