PDA

View Full Version : New Arch Build 30"x12'

KDFABVT
03-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Last year we got a brand new arch and pans. Pan are leader pans. The pans were great no complaints at all did about 160 gal/hr at best. The arch left a lot to be desired. "Not a leader arch" we did end up reusing to door off last years arch because that part of it worked well it was everything else that sucked. If anyone does recognize what brand door it is please keep it to yourself not tiring to bash on any companies here. So like I said we reused the door but I made everything else. Had to weld flange plates to the door so they would fit my arch. Total lengths and widths are 32.5x about 13' So far havn't been able to make much syrup this year but looks like new evap numbers are around 200gph+. The biggest problems with the old arch was warpage "it was twisted like a pretzl"and smoke leaks all the steel was overlapped incorrectly.

KDFABVT
03-21-2014, 06:34 PM
A few action pics

huntingken111
03-21-2014, 07:41 PM
Looks good does your plastic hood work good

KDFABVT
03-21-2014, 07:59 PM
It really does. Not my choice. I probably would have gone a different route. See this isn't my sugar house. The farm that it is on belongs to a friend that I do a lot of welding for. He ask if I would be his sugaring partner. Last year the was the first year for the house, sugarbush, arch, and pans. His money invested in the equipment. He wanted the plastic but it works even little gutters on the bottom to collect run off.