PDA

View Full Version : Sugarhouse pictures

mapleman3
02-16-2004, 06:59 PM
For those who are new to the Trader, I extend my offer of showcasing your sugarhouses and setups on my website, the section is called Sugarhouses across New England and Beyond, take a look at other setups, get ideas, enjoy.

send pics to
info@desjardinsmaple.com

www.desjardinsmaple.com

mapleman3
01-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Update

I have finally sat down and started to revise the pictures and add all the guys who have sent pics in this past year, I will do my best to get it all updated 1 by 1 so as you have somewhere to show your stuff before actuall sugaring begins, I will try to keep everyones amount of pics equal so I can fit as many producers in, as I have a limmited amount of web space for the $$ I pay, so hold tight and check back often I will update pics hopefully in the order I have recieved them.... oh and ENJOY :wink:

Dont forget to refresh the page as it opens, sometimes they won't show anything new because your computer remembers what it saw last time you went to the site

mapleman3
01-20-2005, 05:51 PM
OK WE HAVE NEW PICS ON THE SITE

Updated pics of Doug in indiana
updated Race in Wisconson
added Jerome in Ontario
and Steve(sweber) in NH

everyone with great setups!!

and more to come

mapleman3
01-21-2005, 04:59 PM
Added a few updated pics of Als operation, sure is a huge difference to when he started... remember, he's staying small :wink: :wink:
check them out at my site..

and hey, don't forget to sign the guestbook on my site!!!
I love the feedback

I'm doing my best to get everyone that sent me pics in.. check back often

Race
01-21-2005, 05:22 PM
Hi Al,
Congratulations on building the new maple setup. There seems to be a pattern of expansion with maplers on this board . In any event , have fun this season no matter how the sap runs. Thank you Jim for the pictures.

Race in Wisconsin

Al
01-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Thanks Race and Jim. Your right about that pattern. My big reason for expanding the sugarhouse sits right on that tractor. A 10x14 sugar house was just to small for me to feel comfortable out there with the boys. Now they have a little more room to roam. :D The oldest wants to know were the TV's going? 8O :lol:
Take care

Race
01-21-2005, 05:41 PM
You know Al the Kids are a big part of this . The sugarbush and shack provide a place with not so many rules , lots of fresh air and good things like soda and mud. I think maplers in general seem to value the kids for much more than their work . Lots of good people here.

mapleman3
01-21-2005, 05:56 PM
Race you said it better than anyone could!!! :D :wink:

mapleman3
01-22-2005, 07:51 AM
And being the busy little Bee this Morn got Ricks pics updated ... still don't forget to hit refresh on your browser if it looks like the same pics as before!

Added Brians sugarhouse also!!

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-22-2005, 09:14 AM
Jim,

I will try to email you pics of my updated setup later this evening or tommorrow!

Take care, the website looks awesome! :D

mapleman3
01-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Thanks Brandon, I was going to take some off your photo site otherwise and use those. :wink:

Brian
01-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Jim,
You did a nice job on your website. Thanks for taking time for putting the site together, I think it's neat to go on there and look at other set ups and how the other traders are doing things. Good job :D

mapleman3
03-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Got another sugarers pics up tonight, Chris Casbohn of Albion Pa. he has a real nice sugarhouse, check out the old picture of his grandfather sugaring.. too cool!!

sweetwoodmaple
03-04-2005, 04:18 PM
Is Chris a member here? If not, I should give him a call. Saw him at the last maple meeting.

His sugarhouse is picture perfect, I've been there.

Brian

mapleman3
03-04-2005, 05:08 PM
I don't think he is, not sure. He found me thru another website I guess.... Nice place he has For sure!!

mapleman3
03-05-2005, 08:25 AM
I added a page for info about the asian longhorned beetle, let me know what you think. I am hoping that peple that see it will remember the beetle. click on my website, then on the picture of the beetle... do you think I need more info there? thanks in advance

treefinder
03-03-2008, 08:24 PM
mapleman 3 have you used the fuel oil yet? if so how do you like it ? nice isn't it !!! i know i would never burn wood again! i also put on a 12'x16' addition so we had room to move around when visiters come,way to crampy before "by the way place looks good " keep it up!

mapleman3
03-04-2008, 10:16 PM
I love the oil.. my 4th year with it... But... I love it when I don't run out.. WHICH I JUST DID :( hopefully the truck will be here tomorrow like planned.... hopefully hopefully hopefully. did 4 hours tonight.. hmm 12 gals @ $3 36 and made 1 gal syrup... I'll be selling that gallon for 180 dollars thank you.... first drawoff of the season always make me cry seeing the oil go up the coupla...;)

Still love it though

treefinder
03-05-2008, 05:18 AM
i agree! i wouldn't do it any other way!!but running out of fuel must suck.i watch my tank after about the 10th or so time i boil.i'm burning 10 gallons hr.on my 4x12 but making roughly 5 to 6 gals of syrup hr. i always check my tank just to make sure.but i geus running out of oil is better than running out of wood!!!!

adk1
12-05-2008, 01:05 PM
yeah, I can see the definate advantage of using a fuel oil fired evaporator, but for us small time hobbiest's wood is the only way to go! at least I think :)

Haynes Forest Products
12-05-2008, 02:02 PM
I wish I was a hobbiest! I used to be one but then a funny thing happend I sold some of my syrup. I would say if you have a limited amount of time to make syrup and you have a 2x6 I would go oil and used oil. You could convert to used oil for a small rig with a brand new waste oil gun for about $600 and if your good you could get nice clean oil (hydrolic and trans fluid ) and keep it simple

adk1
12-05-2008, 02:09 PM
nah, I am looking at a 19"x36" pan and about 50 taps.

Haynes Forest Products
12-05-2008, 11:58 PM
Go on Ebay you can get a nice used oil gun for $50 and make a simple arch and keep the oil usage down to 1.5 gallons per hr and kick butt on that thing