PDA

View Full Version : making up for lost time

lafite
03-19-2014, 06:04 PM
7 gallons finished so far....a pan which is VERY sweet and another 70 gallons to boil down tomorrow. the sugar content is near 3%.

looks like the last hurah for me since the real world kicks in and I start travelling again.

what a crazy season it's been....2 years ago today, the temps were in the 80's and the trees had already started to bud.

markct
03-19-2014, 06:52 PM
Looks like its running good today with the rainy weather and low pressure system coming in, im boiling right now what has run since sunday, only about 800 gal but hope to have a good bit more by the weekend!

hodorskib
03-19-2014, 07:06 PM
My trees are usually about a week or two behind everyone else and every one of them were dripping at 4 when I collected 30 gallons from 65 taps. Hopefully it will continue for a few more days before the cold comes back on Sunday night.

lafite
03-20-2014, 08:36 PM
nice boil today....processed another 5 hour boil netting almost 4 gallons to finish this weekend. the weather over the next week in southern CT seems promising. I have volunteers willing to collect sap while I'm travelling. who knew this might be a decent season!!!!