PDA

View Full Version : Zero or Vacuum Tank Questions

Joust7.1
03-19-2014, 04:47 PM
What are the methods of checking volume of the sap in a zero/vacuum tank when it's under vac? Also, can you pump the contents from the tank when it's under vac?

markct
03-20-2014, 06:48 AM
Mine i have a sight glass of dairy hose or a lexan window in top cover to see in. The sight glass is easier and better. I always pump under vac just have to prime pump first

Joust7.1
03-20-2014, 06:59 AM
Mine i have a sight glass of dairy hose or a lexan window in top cover to see in. The sight glass is easier and better. I always pump under vac just have to prime pump first so the sight glass is plummed vertical from a tee at the outlet valve of the tank?

markct
03-20-2014, 09:39 AM
Yes and then tied in at the top so that the vac will balance out. I put a valve on the top also cause occasionaly a little ice in the tank will keep it from sucking well when pumping and it wants to suck air down the sight tube since thats less resistance

BreezyHill
03-20-2014, 04:43 PM
Add a valve to the top end of the sight tube to close when pumping it out. Reopen when done evacuating the tank.

Great tanks! Have one used as the releaser for many years.

Pumping out the tank will actually increase your vacuum level so don't fret if it pumps slowly...unless you are filling a truck and want to hit the road.