PDA

View Full Version : Sureflo pump and tubing questions

SmellsLikeSyrupNH
03-19-2014, 10:05 AM
Hi everyone,
Im looking to start thinking about next year already...I want to tube the trees behind my house and stop with the buckets. I have about 40 trees and I run about 75 taps in them. There are more I could tap, not a lot, maybe 10-20.

My questions:

1) These surflo pumps look like they will meet my needs. I have a flat acre or 2 of land my trees are all on. If I ran all my lines pretty much horizontal with no slope, will the pump be able to handle that load? There would not be a 12ft elevation raise or anything like that. My only elevation I was thinking is where the pump actually is, I was thinking on a platform about 5-6ft above the ground so I could run my discharge hose into holding tanks.

2) Do I need a releaser if im running a pump like this? Why wouldnt I just pull with the vaccum and have my outlet pour into a holding tank? I have 2 55gallon drums I was thinking I could daisy chain togther for my sap and if the 1st barrel got too full have a connector between the 2 barrels and the 2nd would be the overflow barrel. If I EVER got that much sap from these trees Id be amazed, but rather be safe than sorry. On a GOOD day these trees only have given me 20 gallons of sap, vaccum im assuming will improve that flow.

Thats all for now.
Thank you!

SmellsLikeSyrupNH
03-19-2014, 10:49 AM
I think i got most of my questions answered on the Sap Puller thread....I will be doing this next season!!!

BreezyHill
03-20-2014, 04:48 PM
under high vac peak flow is .2 gallons/hr yield rate.