PDA

View Full Version : Deleval oiler problem

Wanabe1972
03-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Im having a problem with the factory oiler on a Deleval 74. I built an oil reclaimer for this unit and flood the pump from the reclaimer to the intake of the pump. The problem is the factory oiler works fine at 17 to 18 inches of vacuum but im running it at 25 inches now. The oil does not drop from the storage tank to the base fast enough to keep the lines surrounded in oil letting it draw air instead of oil. I think the problem is the extra vacuum is pulling the oil too fast for the tank to keep up. Im pretty sure several hours of running would empty the tank (if it could keep up) where the surge 30 plus I used to run would run a couple of days on a tank full. Is there a way to restrict these lines down or should I plumb this into the reclaimer and get rid of the little oil tank? Thanks Jeff

BreezyHill
03-18-2014, 09:52 PM
Jeff plumb it to the reclaimer thru an oil filter. Be sure to have a water trap and to drain it.

The best is a dairy vacuum line...they will with stand the vacuum you are running...hardware store clear tube will collapse.

Plumb the clear line to the bottom of the reclaimer, so that water will drop and fill the line so it can be drained.

With the cold weather we are having drain the water when the unit is warm.

The drip rate for the 74 would be around 10 to 20 drips per minute. Higher rate if the unit is getting hot and lower rate if unit is staying cool.

So on warm days of upper 40's you could turn the drippers up and on a hot day of 70 I would run it up to 20 or more to keep her cool.

Past 200 degrees I would turn a fan on to keep her cooler.

Ben