PDA

View Full Version : My feed system

waterfowlah
03-17-2014, 11:07 AM
So I rigged up a feed system, I used CPVC to keep the cost down, It works great, a constant feed. keeps the pans at a good level. Now that I know it work Ill change it out for copper. the valves are hard to get regulated. They don't move very freely, hoping a good copper gate or ball valve will work better.923792389239

Ausable
03-19-2014, 03:02 PM
Looks ok to me. On most of our innovations - time will tell. My head (feed) tank is made from a travel trailer fresh water tank set on a platform on the side of my Sugar Shack. Cut openings in the top and have covers for it to allow cleaning. My line from the tank to the evaporator is flexible plastic with a small valve to control flow at the evaporator sap pan. Like you - I don't have a float valve to control pan level - so - I have to pay attention to business during a boil. Have a great season.

waterfowlah
03-20-2014, 09:34 AM
changing it over to copper this weekend. I think ill allow it to sit on the cooker to get a little warming.

Spanielslovesappin
03-20-2014, 09:43 AM
Use globe valves for your regulator valves, they will give you the most precise control. I would still use a ball valve as the main tank shut off.

waterfowlah
03-20-2014, 02:59 PM
Use globe valves for your regulator valves, they will give you the most precise control. I would still use a ball valve as the main tank shut off.+

That's exactly what I have. Using a Gator bite at the tank so I can remove the system if or when needed.

waterfowlah
06-24-2014, 01:03 PM
Just found these pictures of the copper feed system. Worked really well sap was hot to the touch.97639764