PDA

View Full Version : Check valve question

steve J
03-16-2014, 11:48 AM
I am running Leader Check valves with stubbies on 3/16 line yesterday I was concerned that I had little flow even thou temps were mid 40s I found that 70% of my taps had back out a bit in some cases as much as 1/4 inche. I suspect the freezing of the lines caused this .Is this the norm? Do I have to go reset these taps all the time?

themapleking
03-16-2014, 12:13 PM
yep its normal. Leader has a new design check valve coming out next season. It will be clear & the check ball will be closer towards the end opening. This should prevent the stuby from popping out or off when it freezes

steve J
03-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Well the sap is not running so guess it will give me something to do.

PACMAN
03-16-2014, 07:57 PM
Last year was the first year I used check valves,and I didnt have any push out. Could it be that your drops are to tight and pulling them out?

adk1
03-16-2014, 08:06 PM
I have used them the past two years and can't recall any of them popping out. Do u push them in by hand only or do u tap them in?

Mark
03-16-2014, 08:19 PM
yep its normal. Leader has a new design check valve coming out next season. It will be clear & the check ball will be closer towards the end opening. This should prevent the stuby from popping out or off when it freezes

Do you know if it will fit the Leader stubby better? The first one was made to fit as many different brands as they could and it did not fit he Leader stubby as good as it could have.

steve J
03-17-2014, 06:52 AM
I use a rubber mallet to tap in good and tight the stubbies the check valves were bought late in the fall.