PDA

View Full Version : silicone and grease

tuckermtn
03-16-2014, 08:48 AM
I have some food grade Mobil grease, but what are guys using for silicone for lubrication with releaser slides, etc. we ran out of the packet that came from Lapierre. is hardware store silicone spray ok?

lew
03-16-2014, 08:59 AM
I picked up a tube of silicone grease from CDL. I think it cost about $27. Big tube, similar to a tube of toothpaste. Will probably last a lifetime if I dont lose it or destroy it. Good for releasers and the RO.

DoubleBrookMaple
03-16-2014, 10:36 AM
I use this for faucets, but thought maybe this would help. NSF 61 certified. Should be available, or any alternative in the plumbing dept of any good hardware.
Disclaimer:
But, I don't know a thing about the requirements of your application.

maple maniac65
03-16-2014, 11:27 AM
I have some food grade Mobil grease, but what are guys using for silicone for lubrication with releaser slides, etc. we ran out of the packet that came from Lapierre. is hardware store silicone spray ok?
Lapierre sells a tiny bottle of very thin lubricate for releasers. I tried silicone spray and it is too thick when the releasers are cold. Adds to hang ups and short quick dumps. I got the bottle from Goodriches when I needed a quick class on releaser repair 6:00 am in the morning and Glen was glad to help. Now I break down the releasers every year and lube them internally before using them. I have mechanical releasers and I feel it is time well spent before the season starts.