PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum cage tank no releaser?

mff
03-14-2014, 08:54 PM
Am I likely to implode a cage tank if I put it under 15" or so of vacuum (old dairy pump)? I'm looking for a cheap first season - if I can plumb my sap line and vacuum with bulkhead fittings, on opposite sides of a cage tank, and add a moisture trap, I'm thinking it should be good for a 50-tap trial year (unless the thing implodes). Thoughts/suggestions? (edit: and deal with the vent cap somehow)

spencer11
03-14-2014, 08:59 PM
I think it defentaly would implode, I had 18" on a milk can releaser I made and it was pulling the sides in... Best would be to find a hobby releaser or bender releaser

mff
03-14-2014, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the quick reply - I was just reading further down the list and saw similar comments regarding plastic and vacuum. OK, Plan C.

BreezyHill
03-16-2014, 07:49 AM
Mff I have been asked to draw out a pvc releaser that we used. When I get it drawn out I will post if here for you. Very simple to do and get parts a hardware store. I make several manifolds out of 3" pvc as it is easy to get and work with. I also tape the side walls for threaded inserts to connect mainlines.

Ben