PDA

View Full Version : Digging out?

PFHII
03-14-2014, 08:46 AM
Just wondering how much snow all you got in the last couple days? Are you tapped and pipeline or buckets.
We have 2300 Buckets up and 200 more to go but received 24"+ of snow and the next 9 days doesn't look so good, Hope everyone has a good season :)

optionguru
03-14-2014, 08:58 AM
We got about 18" and the weather looks hopeless for the next 10 days.

Flat Rock Farmers
03-14-2014, 10:06 AM
It's hard to determine how much we got with all the snowin' and blowin' we had. I'm guessing at least 20 inches or more up here.
Drifts are up to at least shoulder height in spots!

We haven't tapped yet. We were gonna go for it this weekend but with all the snow we're not even dug out yet. Gotta finish the driveways
and around the sugarhouse first before even thinking of checking the four wheeler trails. The trails were nice and packed down before the
last dumping. I'm afraid to look now......there won't be any lack of exercise this week on the snow shoes!

The forecast doesn't seem to be too favorable right now for buckets so it looks like we'll shoot for next weekend. Last year we were boiling
on St. Patty's Day. No syrup to go with our Guinness this year!

I hope everyone's hard work in the woods with the extreme cold and snow dumpings this winter pays off with a super sugaring season.
Will it lead to the Tsap Tsunami rumors that people are talking about reaching the northern parts of Vermont?

vtmapleman
03-14-2014, 07:42 PM
Got 18"+ with over 3' on the ground - snow drifts are 5' - 6' deep in the woods. Looks like I am going to spend much of the weekend digging out the lines. By the looks of the long range forecast I don't have to rush.