PDA

View Full Version : Sap drum cart

DoubleBrookMaple
03-13-2014, 02:09 AM
Something I threw together the other day waiting for the sap to run some day.
I can dump sap in a bucket on top with filter, pump from a stationary container, and pump out with my sugarhouse stationary pump, where I can either pump into my head tank, or up to my 275 IBC up the hill.
I still have install a longer cord, and a plug to go to my Cub Cadet 12VDC recepticle.

Super Sapper
03-13-2014, 05:11 AM
Looks good, make sure to vent the barrel whenever you are pumping in or out of the barrel.

maple flats
03-13-2014, 05:54 AM
You better have good hard roads or the mud may spell disaster. A common 2x4 could fail as a trailer tongue if not braced better when the drum is full and you try to drag it thru several inches of mud. Figure slightly over 8#/gal.

DoubleBrookMaple
03-13-2014, 10:43 AM
Looks good, make sure to vent the barrel whenever you are pumping in or out of the barrel.

Thanks for the "heads up" guys, I have a small vent hole in my head tank as well as this one. I will not be going threw any mud to speak of. I live on the side of a 2,600 ft mountain, and not much time for the ground to soak. The cart tungue is very short, and the 500 lbs max load is somewhat balanced on the wheels. The center of gravity is slightly forward, with a short tongue, at 2 1/2 ft if I remember right. Sloshing sap will test it, but I am confident it will hold up. The axles are 3/4 bolt shafts welded to angle iron. See pic...9164