PDA

View Full Version : More Height

325abn
12-26-2006, 04:46 PM
Hello all.

This looks like the best place to pose this question. I have a 10 x 12 Arrow shed I bought from sears. I am putting it on a PT wood floor that I made.

I want to get a tad bit more height out of the cieling.

What I am considering is a "spacer" made up of 2-2x6 nailed together and laid on there side with a 2x4 cap, around the parimitter of the shed for a gain of 7 inches of overall height.

Granted I will have to step over the "spacer" in the doorway but thats ok.

Any ideas or thoughts on the idea?

royalmaple
12-26-2006, 04:59 PM
You might also consider using some cement blocks / patio blocks / or sono tubes for example in the corners, and then using some wood / plastic or other material as skirting around the bottom to seal it up.

Might be less materials, and you won't have to step over anything to enter the building.

Also if you went with the 2x6's and 2x4 your building is resting on the 3 1/2 inch wide area, so it could get bumped and shift off the platform. Just something to consider. Unless you have something on the bottom edge that you can anchor into the platform. I don't remember how those sheds are built, as far as the bottom framing goes.

The Sappy Steamer
12-27-2006, 07:52 AM
I don't know what kind of equipment you have access to, but if you can get ahold of the trailer frame material they use to deliver manufactured homes it works great. It's light gage, 12inch I beam. I just welded 4 inch angle iron clips to the inside corners so I could bolt the four sides together. Then put your shed on that. You won't need the floor. You should be able to get the material for nothing or next to it. I've gotten four full length trailers for free so far (They make good bridges too)Good luck! Dan :)