PDA

View Full Version : My new oil tank evap

bigjohnsons
03-12-2014, 08:47 PM
I finally finished my evaporator and got to try it out yesterday. I averaged around 12 gph but did not push it to hard. (next time I will). It was defiantly a big upgrade over my temporary block arch that I used last year.

Question, what should my stack temperature be. My thermometer only went up to 575 degrees and I was over that. I just want to make this thing is running as efficient as possible. I am going to pick up a new thermometer before I use it next.

Thanks for everybody's advise and suggestions on building this.

Evets
03-12-2014, 11:21 PM
Looks like you're boiling in a swamp!:lol: Looking good though.
That's ok, mines in a bog!
Tell me about your blower!

bigjohnsons
03-13-2014, 06:41 AM
Ha, the way that the snow was melting and running down my driveway it felt like I was in a swamp.

The fan is a used radon fan, 6" fantech and my door is from a Weil Mcclain oil boiler, so I just mounted it to the hole for the oil burner. I made a baffle on the backside of the door to direct the air underneath the grate. The best part is because it is mounted on the door, I don't have to turn the fan off to load the wood.

Evets
03-13-2014, 08:44 AM
Oh, now I see the driveway. Duh!:lol:
Nice use of the old fan. How much do you think it helps?

Sugarmaker
03-13-2014, 10:55 AM
I finally finished my evaporator and got to try it out yesterday. I averaged around 12 gph but did not push it to hard. (next time I will). It was defiantly a big upgrade over my temporary block arch that I used last year.

Question, what should my stack temperature be. My thermometer only went up to 575 degrees and I was over that. I just want to make this thing is running as efficient as possible. I am going to pick up a new thermometer before I use it next.

Thanks for everybody's advise and suggestions on building this.

Hi,
Boil as hard as you can, keep track over several runs. Each arch and pan system boil different. I would say your about right at 12 gph.
Regards,
Chris