PDA

View Full Version : Tubing slowwwwww

AndrewsofBow
03-12-2014, 02:16 PM
This my first year using tubing. I'm using 5/16th, lines were full but not much coming out. Slope is mainly due to starting high and ending low, grade is mostly level. I was hoping that the whole would despite that, am I wrong and just need to wait it out?

The dairy farmer
03-12-2014, 02:21 PM
I have about 100 taps on gravity tubeing and trust me if there full of sap then It will drip very slow and theres not much u can do , its because theres a vacumme
in the tube once there is enough sap it will start draining out, just make sure your line is tight and there is a decent slope

maple flats
03-12-2014, 06:43 PM
I have about 1300 taps on 17-19" vacuum, wet/dry lines and all. They have run real slow so far this year. You need to wait. When the time is right they will run far better.
As an example, on my 875 tap bush my releaser on a good day, dumps every 4-5 minutes. Yesterday, with 45-47 degrees out it still only dumped every 35 minutes. I think the trees have not yet thawed fully. Tomorrow won't help any either, 5 degrees the next 2 mornings are forecast.

ennismaple
03-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Dave's right - even on vacuum sap should only move a foot or so per second in a tight system. On gravity it will be even slower. If it's moving quickly you have a leak. In the long run you'll get more sap with an air tight system.