PDA

View Full Version : Queensbury NY, Wincrest Sugar Shack

grinch5010
03-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Tapped on Friday, fired up for the first time today. They just started to run good.

adk1
03-11-2014, 08:02 PM
Not over here in northville yet. Didn't get much today really. If tomorrow was gonna be like today then I think the trees would let loose but unfortunately we are getting a big snowstorm then down to single digits!

stoweski
03-11-2014, 08:02 PM
Has been dripping here but I expected overflowing buckets and two tanks but came home to far less than expected. Looks like it's going to take a while... Especially when tomorrow nights low is 5.

Boiled my 100 gallons down tonight. Now it's cooling in the evaporator. Waiting for more!

Have fun this season!

COMSTOCK MAPLES
03-11-2014, 08:40 PM
Same here not the best. short run. Boil what you got looks like back to winter!!

adk1
03-11-2014, 08:42 PM
Has been dripping here but I expected overflowing buckets and two tanks but came home to far less than expected. Looks like it's going to take a while... Especially when tomorrow nights low is 5.

Boiled my 100 gallons down tonight. Now it's cooling in the evaporator. Waiting for more!

Have fun this season!cool stoweski was that your first boil?

stoweski
03-12-2014, 05:46 AM
cool stoweski was that your first boil?

Yup. Actually quit at 8pm because I ran out. Four hours of boiling and right now I'm down to 1/2" in the front pan.

Reminded me of why I do this every year. Nice to get back out there and keep busy after work!

grinch5010
03-18-2014, 05:24 PM
Still got nothing!! Boiled twice, pan is almost sweet. Hope for a run tomorrow.

stoweski
03-18-2014, 06:06 PM
Absolutely lousy weather for sugaring! I made a gallon of light so far but there is so much ice in my tanks I can't suck out any sap. It was running a bit today but not much. I'll probably boil what I can get tomorrow and then take the weekend off and go skiing. It's suppose to snow up north both tomorrow and Saturday. Ma Nature is not being kind to sugarmakers but as a skier she's being very kind this year!

COMSTOCK MAPLES
03-19-2014, 05:06 AM
About same thing here in Comstock. made just over a gal leaning toward medium. hope for the best!! Grinch where in queensbury are you located maybe stop on in sometime. Good luck!!

grinch5010
03-19-2014, 05:31 PM
We are right on wincrest drive off country club. Would love some visitors!

I am I'm deep trouble, my sons class comes to visit on Friday and we have no syrup and nothing to boil! Anyone have 55 gallons of sap!!!!! Call my cell 518-956-2626!!

Thanks

whitetail farms
03-19-2014, 06:41 PM
In the same boat as you Grinch, have a newspaper reporter coming to my sugarhouse Saturday and don't have any sap to boil yet, have about 200 gals all frozen solid in the woods tank,hope mother nature can be kind and help me out the next couple days.