PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical releasers.

Tweegs
03-11-2014, 10:31 AM
Picked up a LaPierre Double vertical mechanical releaser.
This is my first experience with vacuum and going through a few preseason checks.
Just want to bounce a few observations off you folks to make sure things sound “normal”.

Vacuum pump to moisture trap to releaser…ball valve between releaser and woods.

Close the ball valve and fire up the pump. 27” on one releaser tank, 26” on the other (seems one side has a small leak).

When one side dumps and vacuum switches to the other side, I’ll drop to about 20” then build back to 27”. This takes about 10 to 15 seconds.

At max vacuum, turn off the pump. Vacuum on the releaser takes about 1 minute to drop to 0 (I assume this is normal.)

I did not install a check valve anywhere between the pump and releaser, but thinking that is a mistake. I should have one between the moisture trap and releaser…is that correct?

Read enough on leaks in the woods to have a fair grasp. I'll deal with that once all the taps are in.

Mike's Sugar Shack
03-11-2014, 01:40 PM
You want a check valve at your pump so when you shut it off it does not turn backwards good way to ruin a pump.That is the only check valve you should need nothing between releaser and moisture trap maybe a valve in case your vacuum pump is not at your realeser.

regor0
03-13-2014, 08:01 AM
A check valve is needed between the vacuum pump and the moisture trap.
The clear plastic pvc swing gate valves are supposed to be the best one for holding vacuum.

Tweegs
03-13-2014, 08:05 AM
I’ll get the check valve in tonight.

Thanks guys.