PDA

View Full Version : Veins for a Airablo 3hp 30 cfm pump!

sugaringman85
03-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Once again at the beginning of the season my vacuum pump 3hp 30 cfm Airablo vacuum pump (pump model #151) has blown apart the 3 of 4 veins. Most likely caused by a chunk of ice in the oil. Either way to much moisture is in the oil, which once is up and running I think I have a cause for. Anyways, bascoms, leader and D&G have no veins till the end of the week. Didn't know if anyone out there had extra veins stashed away. Hopefully the biggest run of the year (so far) is happening today and my pumps torn apart and looking sad. Maybe someone has an idea where i can get new ones or someone wants to help a brother out! thanks for the help

Tyler

Buffalo Creek Sugar Camp
03-11-2014, 11:49 AM
I found out the pumps are made by Wallenstein. Look on the internet and see if you can find a dealer that can help you. I just put a set in my 5 hp pump Friday.

TheMapleMoose
03-12-2014, 05:01 AM
We had a similar problem last season and it was very frustrating that no one had any veins in stock. Did you check with a DG store in Canada?

upsmapleman
03-12-2014, 05:58 AM
Sorry I can't help you but feel your pain. It has happen to me. Ended up buying a used vacuum pump from Bascoms one year when mine went down. I am going to take my veins out at the end of the season every year. I have tried mine the last 2 years late summer and the veins broke then, no ice in august. Local diary repairman did some checking and said Airablo has a real problem with this and all the connections he had said they had dropped them for that reason. Pumps are to narrow and to deep. Puts a lot of stress on a vein and if it sticks a little when it come out it snaps. I had a replacement set this year but at $400 that is hard to justify. Mine is a 7.5 hp.

TheMapleMoose
03-12-2014, 06:36 AM
There is a definite plumbing problem between the head and reclaimer on the 3hp model. We re piped ours to keep the moisture from running back and freezing in the outlet. Seemed to cure the problem but we haven't started yet this year so I'm holding my breath. They are such a great pump it kind of sucks to be worrying about broken veins

Bruce L
03-30-2014, 09:38 AM
Tyler, just wondering how you solved your pump troubles? I believe this is the same pump that Bruce from Leader recommended to me and quoted me on, but from reading posts I believe I should either keep my old de Laval going as long as possible or go with Indiana vacuum, but in reading other posts I think the rotary vein pumps are capable of overcoming leaks better than the liquid ring units from Indiana.