PDA

View Full Version : water in the oil

tcross
03-10-2014, 06:53 AM
I have a BB-4 pump! I am getting some water in my oil cuz the reservoir is turning a foamy milky color and it froze on me over the night! I'm struggling to figure out how this is happening! the only thing I can think of is I had my exhaust pipe going straight up and then 90 degree out the wall! I'm thinking the condensation is dripping back into my oil reservoir? when I look at it in the a.m, after it's been running for a while the night before there is ice in the tube and around the fittings. there is absolutely no moisture in my moisture trap (the only other spot I could think of water coming in?). is there something I'm missing... anywhere else I should be concerned about/check into?

BAP
03-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Are you using a moisture trap in your vacuum line? Sounds like you are getting a little bit of sap spray coming to the pump. It doesn't take much to turn it milky.

tcross
03-10-2014, 11:17 AM
yeah, I have a moisture trap! it was tested and worked wonderfully a few weeks ago! There isn't even the tiniest bit of moisture in the trap?!! that's what is confusing me the most! could the pump be sucking ice through it before the sap comes in? I would assume either way there'd be some sign of liquid in the trap? does it make any sense at all that condensation could be coming back into my oil reservoir through my exhaust if it was pointed straight up?