PDA

View Full Version : lapierre Releaser adjustment

whitetail farms
03-09-2014, 11:07 AM
I have a Lapierre double mechanical releaser when one canister fills up the float pushes the lever up as far as it can but the lever doesn't go over far enough to switch sides is gets stuck in the middle...then doesn't dump and I suck sap into my vacuum. Does playing with the little screw on the bottom of the spring going to fix this?
Thanks Nick

Brian Ryther
03-09-2014, 05:10 PM
The vertical bar that is attached to the spoons that has the bearing needs to be pulled away from the base that it is attached to. It might be only a 64th of an inch but that little bit will allow the hammers to swing freely. I had the same problem this year when I installed a double. I was disappointed that right out of the box it failed. But once I made the minor adjustment it has been flawless.

whitetail farms
03-09-2014, 07:24 PM
mine is about 5 years old, I think the older ones are a little ,different mine has a vertical spring that attaches to the spoons I tightened the spring up a little bit and it seems to be working so far.

spud
03-10-2014, 06:47 AM
I have a Lapierre double mechanical releaser when one canister fills up the float pushes the lever up as far as it can but the lever doesn't go over far enough to switch sides is gets stuck in the middle...then doesn't dump and I suck sap into my vacuum. Does playing with the little screw on the bottom of the spring going to fix this?
Thanks Nick

If I understand you right what you're saying is the float only pushes the spoon up so far but not far enough to dump and switch sides. If that happens then bend the bar a slight bit down on that one side. I had that happen on my releaser in the woods last season. It has worked perfect after that.

Spud

whitetail farms
03-10-2014, 05:06 PM
I never thought about bending the bars a little bit the spring being tightened has worked so far but if I run to more trouble ill try bending it thanks for your help guys