PDA

View Full Version : "Time too make the Syrup"

grimmreaper
03-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Is the season ever going to arrive?with years past if we weren't ready by mid February you may not catch the early and only run!I think "Mother Nature"is giving her wrath"teasing us with a couple of warm ups and freeze again!Thaww.Thawww,thawww!!!

maplestudent
03-10-2014, 08:44 AM
watching those long range weather forecasts only adds to the teasing

COMSTOCK MAPLES
03-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Tell me about it !! my 11 year old son is chewing at the bit. Weather has to break soon !!

Vermonner
03-10-2014, 11:52 AM
We boiled twice the weekend of 3/10 and made 40 gallons of dark. Nothing since. A couple of small runs barely worth turning the vac pump on. Not enough to boil, 2 hour afternoon warmups. Our trees are still sleeping. Hovering right at freezing now, might do the same this afternoon or maybe run a little tomorrow, too. Second half of March. Just a slow start. 2 weeks from now we'll be complaining about long nights of boiling.

maplestudent
03-10-2014, 12:06 PM
We boiled twice the weekend of 3/10 and made 40 gallons of dark. Nothing since. A couple of small runs barely worth turning the vac pump on. Not enough to boil, 2 hour afternoon warmups. Our trees are still sleeping. Hovering right at freezing now, might do the same this afternoon or maybe run a little tomorrow, too. Second half of March. Just a slow start. 2 weeks from now we'll be complaining about long nights of boiling.

I'm confused. Isn't today 3/10?

Vermonner
03-10-2014, 12:22 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Been writing that date all day. Weekend of 2/22, we actually had sap.

grimmreaper
03-11-2014, 07:47 PM
we can't keep track of the dates,or else we would worry the season is almost over if we keep thinking when the next boil will be........im getting sap,just not enough to keep it running

adk1
03-11-2014, 07:51 PM
I hear you loud and clear. I boiled that same weekend and haven't boiled since. I didn't even get much of a run today and it was 50 degrees and sunny out! The trees are still froze up man gonna take a few 50 degree days for the good run to start. Now tomorrow snow then bitter cold again....