PDA

View Full Version : Tapping quebec

Wood burn
03-07-2014, 08:13 AM
Anyone tapping here in quebec I run buckets with drop lines . I was going to tap but I don't want my holes to dry up before we get a good run .

spud
03-07-2014, 08:35 AM
Anyone tapping here in quebec I run buckets with drop lines . I was going to tap but I don't want my holes to dry up before we get a good run .

Based on what we are seeing South of you I doubt your sap will run till the fourth of July.

Spud

harrison6jd
03-07-2014, 08:38 AM
not sure about quebec but this time last year, i was almost finished for the season. i just put taps in the day before yesterday and dont have a drop of sap. strange year thats for sure. good luck this year. and i am way south of you.

stoneslabs
03-07-2014, 09:52 PM
I'm north west of you and if i believe the weather reports, we might get a run mid next week... other wise it's looking to nid march before anything starts. mind you I tap on a north east facing lot so things are usually a week or so later for me! i'll be tapping next week.

Wood burn
03-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Put in 30 taps today as soon as I drilled the holes sap was coming out hope I haven't jump the gun and my holes end up drying up . The temps look good for a few day but then it back to the cold