PDA

View Full Version : Schemectady area tapped

Algonquin
03-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Just put in ten taps and a few were running good. Hope to have all 40 in by tomorrow afternoon, at last the season is starting up. This will be my first year with a evaporator, leader 1/2 pint, can't wait to see the rate it boils at. Well good luck to all.
Ops that Schenectady, not Schemectady ,lol

COMSTOCK MAPLES
03-06-2014, 02:44 PM
Good luck to you this year. ITS GOING TO BE MY FIRST YEAR ON A 2X6 CUSTOM EVAPORATOR

PACMAN
03-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Have fun,Its going to be awhile up here in the northern Adirondaks in Franklin county.

sugarman3
03-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Good luck,must be a little warmer in the south,stop at the farmers market in northville, if ever in northville, during a summer visit to chit chat about maple,like to meet other maple people

stoweski
03-06-2014, 06:16 PM
The 7 day here is not looking promising. Next two days above freezing then nothing else above 31 for the rest of the week. Nothing ran for me today.

ren46
03-07-2014, 08:21 AM
Now their saying possible snow storm for Wednesday/Thursday and colder temps after this short warm up. Hope it stays south, way south, I have enough snow to require using snowshoes as it is.

Ren

PACMAN
03-07-2014, 06:04 PM
Ren46, I know what ya mean. I went and put another 100 taps in today and I broke through repetedly up over my waist. Going to use the snow shoes tomorrow,Im Not going to have another day like today.

stoweski
03-07-2014, 07:17 PM
They raised the temps on Monday and Tuesday. Maybe we can get a few days of sap to sweeten the pans! Of course later in the week doesn't look like sugaring weather.

But this is what we've been waiting for.

Algonquin
03-07-2014, 10:11 PM
Lol, ended up with about three cups of sap for ten taps. A friend of mine told me he was on snow shoes and have 10,000 tap in as of tonight , nothing running yet in Northville.
I'm thinking that I may not have enough sap this week to run the evaporator , so may just fire up the turkey fryer and finish what I get. The long range forecast looks like almost the end of the month before warmer weather happens.
A quick question for some of the more experienced here, if it warm up and stays above freezing at night what happens with the sap run? What I'm asking is if we don't have a month or so of above days/ below nights first. Thanks Tom