PDA

View Full Version : double vertical converted to a single

PerryFamily
03-05-2014, 06:38 PM
I currently have a lapierre double vertical mechanical releaser. It came with a couple vac setups I bought. It is way too big for the 300 taps on it. Has anyone converted a double to a single? If so was it worth the effort?
Thanks in advance

Russell Lampron
03-05-2014, 07:54 PM
I don't know about converting a double to a single but I do know about using a releaser that is rated for a larger amount of taps than what I have. I have a Lapierre horizontal mechanical releaser that is rated for 6000 to 8000 taps and I only have 700 taps on it. It's a little slow to fill but I am happy with the way that it works. If I were in your situation I would use the double as is and if I didn't like it I would sell it or trade it for a single. I used to have a Bernard single and it was a PITA to keep it from hanging up and sticking.

maple flats
03-06-2014, 05:03 AM
I agree, either use it as is or sell and buy a single. One advantage in a double is that there is always vac on the tubing, singles lose vac and then restart it.

nymapleguy607
03-06-2014, 06:14 AM
I agree, either use it as is or sell and buy a single. One advantage in a double is that there is always vac on the tubing, singles lose vac and then restart it.

Its not to hard to modify a single releaser to be continuous vac, I did it with my single releaser. If you have the double already use it, no sense reinventing the wheel

PerryFamily
03-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the responses. I agree , I will use it as is.