PDA

View Full Version : 5 gallon buckets

FordHeritageFarm
03-04-2014, 06:27 AM
Does anybody have a lead on bulk quantity food grade 5 gallon pails? Home depot and Lowes are about $4 /out a lid.

buckeye gold
03-04-2014, 06:30 AM
Lowes buckets come from encore plastics. I contacted them once a couple years ago and they were willing to sell to individuals if you bought a quantity. do a search for them. I think they are in Toledo.

SmellsLikeSyrupNH
03-04-2014, 07:23 AM
Hit your local grocery stores bakery departments or just local bakerys....they throw out and recycle all the plastic buckets used to bake with, all the frosting is delivered in them...I got over 20 for free....

FordHeritageFarm
03-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Tried Encore. They said for a new customer there is a $750 minimum purchase....... I think I'll keep looking. Thanks for the tip though.

Rangdale
03-04-2014, 11:12 AM
Fire House Subs sells 5 gallon pickle buckets for $2 with the lid. There is one in Topsham, Maine. Not sure if the pickle smell would wash out or not?

optionguru
03-04-2014, 12:10 PM
My local bakery and Dunkin Donuts sell the frosting buckets to me for $1 to $2 each with lids depending on the mood of the counter worker at the time.

WESTMAPLES
03-04-2014, 06:49 PM
i get my buckets with lids for free and they clean them from the 5 local Dunkin Donuts in town, sounds like the counter person is just scamming a couple bucks out of you for there trash. and like ive seen others say the pickle smell might go away, but the taste won`t. good luck

maplerookie
03-04-2014, 06:55 PM
Fire House Subs sells 5 gallon pickle buckets for $2 with the lid. There is one in Topsham, Maine. Not sure if the pickle smell would wash out or not? nope it doesn't ever go away and I tried everything...walmart has them in the bakery..buck apiece.. some you can get for free. I bet if you sacrifice a quart of syrup your local baker will be gald to give them to you. I got all of mine free from wegmans grocery store. at any rate don't use pickle buckets.

dblact38
03-04-2014, 09:03 PM
I got mine Thursday & Friday nights from Supermarkets getting there stores ready for the weekends

hambone
03-05-2014, 05:21 AM
There is a great supplier of used containers in Starks, Maine which is near Madison. Andre' has all kinds of used containers from 2 gallon to 200 gallon. Everything is very, very clean and he will tell you what has been in the containers, then you can decide whether you want them or not. His prices are very reasonable and he has been selling these for years. He is very accomodating, too. His number is 696-0870.

Webbs Mills
03-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Get 5 gallon foodsafe pickle buckets from stores that use sour pickles on their Maine itialian sandwiches. Don't take 'em if you suspect :o they have been used to store other foods (like pizza sauce or coleslaw, etc.) Rinse thoroughly with clean hot water and a brand new plastic scrubby sponge. Remove/discard the gaskets from the lids and rinse the lids too.