PDA

View Full Version : More snow overnight

maplerookie
03-02-2014, 06:35 AM
Good lord ..we got 6 more inches of snow overnight. Still snowing as I compose this post. I have had about enough of winter for this year. wondering If things will ever thaw out. I don't have a large storage tank...but the guys that do if they had anyhing in em. it will take till June to thaw out. 15 day forecast looks good though by next Thursday highs in the 40 and freezing overnight. that is if the weather guys are right.. some of em make in the high 5 figure salaries and still it is guess and by golly..what a job to have. "oops the jet stream didn't cooperate guess we were a little off." seriously though the break in the weather cant be soon enough for all of us waiting to get sapping and boiling.

wnybassman
03-02-2014, 06:56 AM
Fortunately we only got a little less than 2" a little east of you here. Hard to believe two years ago our season was nearly done at this time. That March we only had two nights below freezing the entire month. I'm still tapping this Friday although I don't see a whole lot that looks encouraging in the next 15 days. A day here and a day there, but nothing that looks like it will open up the flood gates for us just yet.