PDA

View Full Version : Do I complain?

supersapper
03-01-2014, 10:10 PM
After looking over my new pan I have a few questions. There are several scratches in the bottom from the brake,there are voids in the welds on the inside, and a lot of dark discoloration around these voids. I can also see through the verticle area of the dividers that were spot welded only. Is this acceptable?

spud
03-01-2014, 11:26 PM
After looking over my new pan I have a few questions. There are several scratches in the bottom from the brake,there are voids in the welds on the inside, and a lot of dark discoloration around these voids. I can also see through the verticle area of the dividers that were spot welded only. Is this acceptable?

So what you're saying is you bought a Leader Evaporator?:lol: Yea you should complain.

Spud

Flat Lander Sugaring
03-02-2014, 01:17 AM
So what you're saying is you bought a Leader Evaporator?:lol: Yea you should complain.

Spud
ROFL spud ro funny

lakeview maple
03-02-2014, 08:54 AM
You got me chuckling Spud

Randy Brutkoski
03-02-2014, 09:10 AM
For a guy that uses check valves, that is funny.

treehugger
03-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Many "smaller" maple equipment fabricators only spot weld the dividers which can allow the compartments to mix a little. The weld can discolor from the heat so thats not abnormal either. The scratch is not good form to deliver a new pan like that, but as long as it is on the bottom should not hurt anything.

supersapper
03-02-2014, 01:46 PM
All is taken care of. New pan on the way!!!

supersapper
03-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Many "smaller" maple equipment fabricators only spot weld the dividers which can allow the compartments to mix a little. The weld can discolor from the heat so thats not abnormal either. The scratch is not good form to deliver a new pan like that, but as long as it is on the bottom should not hurt anything.
This pan is new, as in never used. The scratches in the bottom are on the inside of the pan.

wcproctor
03-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Where did you get it? That good CS for sending a new one.

supersapper
03-10-2014, 08:20 PM
After receiving the replacement pan I will say I am still disappointed in it. Not a big deal but it had a small dent in it as well as a few scratches and the same weld voids and discoloration. If this was my company I would've made sure the replacement was perfect. Not a big deal, it will still make syrup. But if this pan or the other one was shown to me in person I would have refused both. That's what you get for mail order I guess. I will not by from this manufacturer again. I won't say his name here because he accused me of SLANDERING him before but you can pm me and I will show you pics of both pans. I might be picky but 575.00 is a lot of money to me. I am done bitching!!! Time to make syrup!!!!!

Mark-NH
03-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Really depends what you paid for it. If you paid a premium price you should expect premium quality. If the pan was sold at a discount price your expectations should match. The scratches would not bother me as you will break her in with the first boil.

supersapper
03-10-2014, 09:01 PM
Paid full price for this pan.