PDA

View Full Version : 80 buckets out in Allegany County.

Woodpecker Lodge & Maple
03-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Hung 80 buckets today in Scio. Not a chance of sap flowing anytime soon. Installing lines next weekend. Shooting for 225 to 250 taps this years.

maplerookie
03-02-2014, 03:51 AM
Excellent . the 15 day forecast looks good for us here in wny. Hope the season though a little late for everyone is a great one. Happy sugaring. I have 19 buckets out and boiled during that warm spell. got 3 whole pints of the sweetest liquid gold you could ask for . waiting for the weather to break a bit before my 9 yr old daughter puts in the last 6 taps. she is excited and chomping at the bit..gets her drill out every day...lol

bowtie
03-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Looked at the ten day forecast and it shows one day in the thirties, not sure what forecast you are looking at but I like yours better. However I believe mine more,weather channel.

Waynehere
03-03-2014, 05:02 PM
I am thinking that we will need a week or more of above freezing just to thaw things out first. I have all kinds of heaving from the deep frost in the ground this year. When it comes, I think it will be fast and furious. Better get some extra sleep now. :)

Woodpecker Lodge & Maple
03-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Minus 1 here in Caledonia tonight. Clear sky with bright stars. Sounds like no sap flowing to me. I do believe it will run fast and furious as well. So looking forward to taking a couple of days off work to tend the fire.

lyford
03-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Ive got 50 buckets to hang near Hamburg, NY. Thinking about pulling the trigger tonite or tomorrow for a possible run on friday. Anybody thinking the same or are you holding off a b it longer?