PDA

View Full Version : squatch calling while tapping

Flat Lander Sugaring
03-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Went out this morning to tap my trees and decided to do some squatch calls while tapping in the taps, do you think a squatch will answer to that

DrTimPerkins
03-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Went out this morning to tap my trees and decided to do some squatch calls while tapping in the taps, do you think a squatch will answer to that

It's squatch mating season isn't it? Maybe you'll get a female squatch to come running. :lol:

Flat Lander Sugaring
03-01-2014, 12:35 PM
It's squatch mating season isn't it? Maybe you'll get a female squatch to come running. :lol:
So doc have done studies to prove your theory? do you carry a razor with you? and is there Gov money to do these studies?

DrTimPerkins
03-01-2014, 01:52 PM
So doc have done studies to prove your theory? do you carry a razor with you? and is there Gov money to do these studies?

No.....I've managed to avoid that line of inquiry so far.

wnybassman
03-01-2014, 02:23 PM
Them hills sure look Squatchy!

CharlieVT
03-01-2014, 02:25 PM

I dunno 'bout you guys... seems like you're slow learners. I've got a few Squatch (both male and female) doin' my tapping for me... have been for years here in the Deep South of Vermont. I pay 'em in Milk Bones and bananas. An, there's no problem with undocumented alien issues either, they are natives.
I'm working on training 'em to check for vacuum leaks, but either they don't to have the patience for it, or the sound of the leaks makes 'em nervous. They are fearful creatures you know.

Flat Lander Sugaring
03-01-2014, 02:45 PM
I dunno 'bout you guys... seems like you're slow learners. I've got a few Squatch (both male and female) doin' my tapping for me... have been for years here in the Deep South of Vermont. I pay 'em in Milk Bones and bananas. An, there's no problem with undocumented alien issues standing they are natives.
I'm working on training 'em to check for vacuum leaks, but either they don't to have the patience for it, or the sound of the leaks makes 'em nervous. They are fearful creatures you know.
Wow your lucky with them standing 10' the tapping area you have is tremendous. I don't think HE injection will work that high

Ausable
03-01-2014, 04:57 PM
I dunno 'bout you guys... seems like you're slow learners. I've got a few Squatch (both male and female) doin' my tapping for me... have been for years here in the Deep South of Vermont. I pay 'em in Milk Bones and bananas. An, there's no problem with undocumented alien issues either, they are natives.

I know there are Squatch in my part of Michigan - but - up until now I was ignoring them. I have nine Great Granddaughters and was gonna use them for sap haulers this season - but the snow is toooo deep for these little gals and they run on Hot Chocolate and candy bars and that can get expensive. So - If I approach a Squatch couple in a respectful manner they will work for bananas and milk bones. What do they drink and do they expect it to be sweetened with maple syrup? - Hmmmmm! Squatch - Another resource to be gently exploited. -----Mike----

stoweski
03-01-2014, 05:56 PM
It's amazing how bored sugarmakers get in march when their tanks are dry!

But I tapped today and it really felt squatchy by out there! I do think there's squatch in these woods!

rayi
03-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Better check your sacqusch count. Heard they have all moved to abandoned houses in Detroit. Least that's what Facebook says

Flat Lander Sugaring
03-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Better check your sacqusch count. Heard they have all moved to abandoned houses in Detroit. Least that's what Facebook says
dont shoot them they are willing to work

Randy Brutkoski
03-01-2014, 06:49 PM
The poeple from finding bigfoot were up near my sugarwoods 2 autumns ago. There was a picture of one taken and flatlanders deer camp is right there too. hmmmm. that is a true story. I saw the picture and it was something i have never seen before.

Yellzee
03-01-2014, 09:10 PM
That's too funny as my boys love those shows and are always doing calls when they are out there. None spotted yet!

slammer3364
03-01-2014, 10:58 PM
THEY ARE THERE BELIEVE !!!!! just ask BoBo ! Did a hunt in July and made a video (actually I think its better than the show) You would not believe the sounds we picked up.Have not seen or heard one while tapping trees yet though,the tv crew show was in our area last year,heard some really intruiging stories.Sooo who knows.Alot of fun theorizing about it .Good Luck everyone and someone on Maple Trader could be reporting about a squatch.

Run Forest Run!
03-02-2014, 12:06 AM

Charlie, I think this guy may be one of yours. Easily startled he ran off into the bush, leaving behind a syrup basted bunny and a tipped over cooler full of empty Milk Bone boxes and banana peels. Now it all makes sense.

maple maniac65
03-02-2014, 06:14 AM
huge tracks spotted in NH. They must be at least 42" long and maybe 10-12 " wide

PACMAN
03-02-2014, 07:23 AM
I dont need the squatch to put in taps,but it would be nice to have one around to take them out.

Ausable
03-02-2014, 07:29 AM
Never find them now. There are over 750,000 abandoned houses in Detroit. Of course they need milk bones and bananas to survive. Hmmmmm! What to do?

wnybassman
03-02-2014, 07:53 AM
Nothing in my woods other than a middle aged sacscratch wandering around the trees yelling "Why? Why??"

CBOYER
03-02-2014, 09:50 AM
That's not fair... we don't have any squatch in Québec....:(

Randy Brutkoski
03-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Your right Cboyer, up where you are they are called Yeti's.

Flat Lander Sugaring
03-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Your right Cboyer, up where you are they are called Yeti's.
Do we have to teach the Canadians everything EY?

Yellzee
03-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Come on Chumlee.... that's spelled "EH", Eh?

CharlieVT
03-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Nothing in my woods other than a middle aged sacscratch wandering around the trees yelling "Why? Why??"

Now that's a funny post!:lol:

Flat Lander Sugaring
03-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Come on Chumlee.... that's spelled "EH", Eh?
Thanks I was taught something today by a Canadian EH hehe rofl all in fun my Northern Brothers

Waynehere
03-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Wow. I think I want some of whatever you guys are drinking, or perhaps smoking???? :)

Flat Lander Sugaring
03-04-2014, 05:58 AM
Wow. I think I want some of whatever you guys are smoking???? :)
only one guy I know that i dont admit to that from Colorado that sugars.

johnzski
03-04-2014, 06:22 AM
only one guy I know that i dont admit to that from Colorado that sugars.
I got in a little hot water on the other site for teasing him about that LOL

Randy Brutkoski
03-04-2014, 08:36 AM
I saw sasquatch tracks going up into my woods so i followed them yesterday, and then i noticed that he was going to all of the maples, and then it dawned on me that they were my snowshoe tracks from last week.

happy thoughts
03-04-2014, 09:09 AM
I saw sasquatch tracks going up into my woods so i followed them yesterday, and then i noticed that he was going to all of the maples, and then it dawned on me that they were my snowshoe tracks from last week.

How do you know it wasn't following in your footsteps? I've heard those things are pretty intelligent. That's one way they use to escape detection.

Yellzee
03-04-2014, 09:13 AM
snow is probably so deep that they are wearing snowshoes themselves! Were they twice the size of a normal snow shoe?