PDA

View Full Version : syrup bag

softmaple
12-14-2006, 08:50 AM
is there any syrup storage bags out there that people use? a bag that syrup could be hot packed in and it would be a use as you need it basis. so air would not get in and possibly stay mold free. by the time the syrup is just about gone the bag would be collapsed. any thoughts?

Fred Henderson
12-14-2006, 11:23 AM
i have heard it said that D&G was coming out with something like that this year. I am still waiting to hear more on it.

royalmaple
12-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Has anyone ever tried using the bladder from a Box-o-Joe from Dunkin Donuts? Similar design, but just smaller. I think you may only get a gallon in one, maybe even 1/2 that.

It had coffee in it, so you know they won't melt and are food grade.

maplehound
12-14-2006, 01:32 PM
I think it is Lapiere that is coming out with one. They also have a barrel thay call it a health barrel, that comes with a plastic bag that is filled with syrup. I have 2 of these barrels and have never used them. ( to big for my needs) Would consider selling them.
Ron

Fred Henderson
12-14-2006, 02:11 PM
Anyhow my info someone said that one of the companys was coming out with a box that had a plastic liner. What company is was I do not know. But if it were a box and the lid could be removed and the bag filled half way today then squeeze out all the air until the next boil and then fill to the top. A small producer like me could put something like that to use really well.

maplehound
12-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Not only can you fill them a littleat a time but you can then close the box and stack them in a tight storage area, Or at least a tighter storage area than I can store the pop containers I use now. The size of these boxes shuld be about 5 or 10 gallons each.