PDA

View Full Version : Sap prices

Paul VT
02-24-2014, 05:24 PM
I know this has been discussed before but I haven't found it. What is the going price for sap that is delivered? Is there a chart that someone could post that shows what people are paying/buying according to sugar content?
Thanks.

lpakiz
02-24-2014, 06:49 PM
Paul VT,
Try this calculator. You need to know what the value of bulk syrup is....
http://www.ohiomaple.org/sap-app.html

spud
02-24-2014, 06:59 PM
I know this has been discussed before but I haven't found it. What is the going price for sap that is delivered? Is there a chart that someone could post that shows what people are paying/buying according to sugar content?
Thanks.

This has been discussed many times and there is no real answer. If you live in northern Vermont you will get .52-.55 cents per gallon of 2% quality sap. If you live down where Randy lives you will get .10 a gallon and a firm handshake (just kidding Randy).:lol: When you sell sap you are at the mercy of the sap buyer. My personal feeling is some people will take advantage of others if they are the only sap buyer's in their area. If you feel this is happening in your area you only have one other option and that is to buy a rig and boil it your self.

Spud

woodchuck
02-24-2014, 07:31 PM
Ive never shopped around but I get 60% of the wholesale value of the syrup my sap makes. They calculate this at the end of the season.
Is that typical?
My 2¢

spud
02-24-2014, 07:48 PM
Ive never shopped around but I get 60% of the wholesale value of the syrup my sap makes. They calculate this at the end of the season.
Is that typical?
My 2¢

Yes 60-70% is typical for my area anyway.

Spud

Paul VT
02-24-2014, 07:59 PM
Thanks to all. That calculator makes it easy. One more question. What is the going bulk price these days. (Average). I don't make enough to know.
Thanks
Paul

Randy Brutkoski
02-24-2014, 08:01 PM
And every where else is 50%. I thought this was all behind us sap sucker spud,

stagecoach maples
02-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Markfaust@hotmail.com
Spud if you're getting 52 to 55 cents per gallon you better hold on to your buyer cause that's top dollar I'm in Irasburg and the going rat for 2.0 is 35 to 39 cents a gallon no wonder you're selling sap and not boiling it !!!!!!!

Randy Brutkoski
02-24-2014, 08:54 PM
I have been saying the same thing for 2 years. Good for him.

spud
02-24-2014, 09:03 PM
Markfaust@hotmail.com
Spud if you're getting 52 to 55 cents per gallon you better hold on to your buyer cause that's top dollar I'm in Irasburg and the going rat for 2.0 is 35 to 39 cents a gallon no wonder you're selling sap and not boiling it !!!!!!!

My buyer is a very nice person and I plan to sell to him for many years. There are two guys in town that pay a bit more but I have no interest in switching. Being in Irasburg (not far from Richford) if I had a lot of sap to sell I would RO it and then truck it over the mountain for a much better price. I have friends in your town and we have talked about doing this.

Randy i hope you know I am just having some fun with you. I'm just sitting around bored waiting for the sap to run. Have you boiled yet or is Flat Lander taking all your sap?

Spud

Randy Brutkoski
02-25-2014, 06:10 AM
I know your joking. Flats did take 1200 gallons of mine because i am just not ready. Only had 1 releaser online and still need to set up 4 more releasers. And i really didnt want that stuff sitting in my rig during this polar vortec.