PDA

View Full Version : Hobby releaser?

PARKER MAPLE
02-24-2014, 04:54 PM
Ok so the lap hobby releaser worked great last year, this year I think I have an issue. It seams to me that it works great up until it's ready to dump. The bottom fills up and float raises then the pop up valve comes up, then it seams to just sit there. I can here it hissing like it wants to release, but it has a delay like 30-60seconds. Lady year it would pop up and dump everytime.
Now this in conjunction to other problems I have, one being that my systems is only operating at 7" at this time, last year I was 18-20". Would this make a difference in operation??

Any help greatly appreciated
PARKER MAPLE

GeneralStark
02-24-2014, 06:20 PM
Yes. Lower vac. levels will affect the releaser's function and it will typically do exactly what you are describing.

BAP
02-25-2014, 06:15 AM
The other thing to check is make sure all the moving parts move freely. If the bind a little it will affect performance.

tcross
02-25-2014, 06:58 AM
i have the newer version of the hobby releaser. it saw it's first action this past weekend. it did a little bit of what you're talking about but not 30-60 seconds! it would fill up, pop open the top, and sit there for maybe 5 seconds and then release? I didn't pay much attention to it at the time, I just figured it took the float a little bit to drop and purge the pressure?